This Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Dinner (or creamy chicken goodness as we call it!) is our go-to dinner when there’s just no time to make anything. Start it in the morning and it’s ready by 5pm.
My easy creamy chicken dinner is seriously, one of my family’s favorite meals. My husband coined the name, “Creamy Chicken Goodness” nearly 15 years ago because I threw a bunch of stuff together and had no idea what to call it. While it doesn’t photograph pretty, I promise what it lacks in looks, makes up for on the taste buds.
Watch Me Make It!
Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Dinner – Fast or Fancy?
There’s basically two ways of making this yummy dinner. The first way is the fast way where you don’t include the sauteed mushrooms. The second way, is including the fresh mushrooms and herbs. I’ve made it both ways several times and both are equally delicious! Although I will say, the addition of fresh mushrooms and herbs really does bring some freshness and earthiness to this meal.
For Yourself or for a Crowd
You could easily make this slow cooker creamy chicken dinner into a meal for a crowd! Add a couple more breasts, another can of cream of mushroom (or cream of chicken! Use what you like or have on hand!) and add another package of egg noodles to your water, and boom! Dinner for 10. Also, make this meal yours. If you don’t want pasta, make some mashed potatoes or rice. I personally just like pasta since it comes together super fast.
Pin it for Later!
If you end up making this Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Dinner, please leave me a comment down below. Let me know which version you went with, Fast or Fancy? I would love to chat with you!
Looking for other meal ideas?
Give my Easy Shrimp Scampi with Linguine dish a go! It’s the perfect weeknight meal that comes together really quickly. Or my yummy Albondigas Mexican Meatball Soup is the perfect feel-good meals for those cooler nights.
Dessert? Got you covered! These Starbucks Dupe Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin is a major winner with my family, and i’m sure it will be for yours too!
Easy Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Dinner
For the Slow Cooker
- 2-3 chicken breasts I always use frozen because i'm forgetful
- 1 packet Italian dressing packet
- 1 8 oz cream cheese block
- 1 10 oz can condensed cream of mushroom*
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 12 oz package egg noodles
For the Skillet
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp fresh or dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a slow cooker, combine the chicken breasts, Italian dressing packet, cream cheese, cream of mushroom, and sour cream. Cook on low for 6 hours if using fresh chicken breasts. Cook on low for 8 hours if using frozen chicken breasts.
- 45 minutes before cooking time is up, to a skillet, add butter, sliced mushrooms and thyme and saute for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add to slow cooker and continue cooking until time is up.
- Cook pasta according to package 10 minutes before chicken is done.