The Inspiration Behind Our Crow’s Nest
Greetings friends, old and new, and welcome to Our Crow’s Nest! This blog had been a dream made into reality. For years, I’ve loved writing, taking pictures of everything (food, travels and my family) but didn’t have a place to document my memories to share with others. Fast forward 15 years, and here we are!
Why the name, “Our Crow’s Nest”? I have a fairly unique last name that I knew I wanted to incorporate into the blog. I also knew, I wanted to share what went on in my home. Crow’s typically live in nests, so figured, “Our Crow’s Nest” was the perfect name. As for me, my name is Alicia and here’s what to expect if you stick around:
I absolutely love to meal plan and grocery shop and share my hauls with you through my YouTube Channel!
I think going out and finding new recipes to make for my family is my idea of fun. I’ll include ‘Recipe Round-Up’ posts where I’ll direct you to not only some of my tried and true recipes, but other bloggers as well.
I am a massive Disney fan. Like, truly. My parents instilled the Disney Bug in me at quite a young age, and i’m so grateful that they did.
We have been Disney Vacation Club (DVC) members for over 10 years now and it was such a great investment for our family. It pretty much means we always have to vacation with Disney (Disneyland, Disney World, Aulani) and i’m absolutely okay with it!
“Our Nest” Projects
I’ll admit. I’m not a great decorator. I mean, I try! I peruse Instagram inspo, Pinterest, and store themes that I get to my email, but it’s taken me years to get to where i’m at today (which is basically nowhere lol!)
We’ve been in our home here in Central California for over 12 years now and we’ve barely gotten into truly decorating and undergoing small projects. I have an outstanding list of projects i’d like to work on in the house, and hope I can take you along on my house project journey!
While our ideal vacation spots are Disneyland and Walt Disney World, we love to visit other areas within California. The beach, the mountains, city life. On our adventures, I’d love to be able to share fun spots to see and delicious places to eat at along the way with you guys!
In my Crow’s Nest
There is my husband, Dan, who loves his San Francisco Giants baseball and Green Bay Packers football (two completely different cities, I know, what the heck happened here?!). We’ve been married for almost 16 years and together for 19 years. Seeing those numbers written out, absolutely blows my mind!
My oldest son is 10 years old and loves video games and Every. Single. Food. item I put in front of his face. He is our true foodie and I love it!
My middle child is 6 years old and he’s our sour patch kid for sure! He loves riding his bike, being outside, and loves to watch movies. Like, he’ll actually sit down and pay attention to every little detail.
And last, but certainly not least, is our baby girl who is 2 years old. And boy, is she crazy lol! She keeps us on our toes 24/7. She loves to play with her older brothers, who absolutely adore her. They are definitely toughening her up!
Get to Know Alicia:
- I’m a lover of all foods. Except raw tripe. Tripas tacos are a yes, but raw? No thanks, man!
- I wish I could own a farm. But not like a fully-fledged farm, you know? Like a few chickens, a cow for milk, a pig and land with lots of trees around the property. Maybe one day.
- I worked for Starbucks for 7 years and sometimes wish I could work there part-time now!
- Every morning begins with reading my devotional and praying. Jesus is my Lord and Savior.
- Dirty floors in my home bug me. The house could be a disaster, counters cluttered, etc., but I need to be able to walk on my floors without my feet turning black, know what I mean? No? Anyone? Moving on.
- I had very curly hair as a baby (much like my daughters!) and got it permanently straightened in High School cause I hated it. What a mistake that was!
- I played softball and tennis throughout High School and would love to pick-up tennis again!
- Disney music is always playing in the background on my phone. Sorcerer Radio app is what I love!
- Working out is something I’ve learned to love! Lifting heavy weights is so therapeutic.
- Christmas is my all-time favorite season!
- While I love to do things solo, I love being social as well! I guess i’m smack dab in the middle of the introvert/extrovert spectrum
- If I had to watch one movie every week for an entire year, I would probably pick, ‘Ever After’. It’s charming, silly, romantic, and an easy-watch
- Reading is one of my favorite past-times. Everything from history, fiction, Harry Potter (because I believe its it’s own genre lol), classics. Just wish there was more time in the day!
- My name is Alicia, and i’m a mug-aholic. Give me all the Disney mugs, please.