This Easy One Pot Pizza Pasta recipe is a family favorite and the perfect dinner for busy weeknights! All of the ingredients are thrown into one pot, including the dry pasta, making for the easiest dish ever. The whole family will love this one pot pizza pasta, including your picky eaters.
What is One Pot Pizza Pasta
We absolutely love pizza in our household and generally order it a couple of times a month. But sometimes we crave it in between visits, which is where this One-Pot Pizza Pasta enters the chat!
Using fresh and delicious ingredients, this pizza pasta casserole satisfies that craving for the entire family! And the best part about this meal, is that you can make this pizza pasta your own. Make it with classic pizza toppings or try something different! I’ve included some additional toppings near the bottom of this post for inspiration.
Oh, and another great thing? Two words: LESS DISHES! Yep, no simmering marinara sauce in one saucepan while boiling off pasta in a separate pot. Everything is made all in one pot on the stove top! It’s almost dinner time, let’s make this One Pot Pizza Pasta recipe!
The Players for One Pot Pizza Pasta
- Olive Oil – I like to use Extra Virgin Olive Oil for this easy meal.
- Onion – I use half of an onion for this recipe. Brown, yellow, or white onions are all great options!
- Garlic – Freshly minced garlic is what I prefer to use, but feel free to use garlic powder if you’re short on time.
- Sausage – For this easy dinner recipe, I’m using mild Italian sausage. You can also use sweet Italian sausage or spicy sausage if you’d like.
- Ground Beef – I’m using 85/15 ground beef for this one-pot pizza pasta. Alternatively, you can use ground turkey or ground chicken.
- Seasonings – This recipe calls for both Oregano and Thyme, but you can also use a blend of Italian seasonings if you prefer.
- Salt and Pepper – Use salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Pepperoni – I’m using regular pepperoni slices from the grocery store for this delicious meal, but you can also use mini pepperonis if you prefer!
- Crushed Tomatoes – One 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes is what you’ll need here.
- Pizza Sauce – Using a cup of pizza sauce will really get that pepperoni pizza flavor into the pasta. If you find you have leftover pizza sauce, freeze if for a future one-pot pasta pizza night!
- Pasta – I use Penne pasta for this recipe, but you can use any short pasta like Rotini or Ziti.
- Beef Broth – Using Beef Broth as a liquid brings a much meatier flavor to this one-pot dinner, but you can use chicken broth or water if you prefer.
- Shredded Cheese – I like to use a combination of both Mozzarella cheese and Sharp Cheddar, but use what you have on hand!
- Parmesan Cheese – Grated Parmesan cheese will be sprinkled over the top of your pizza pasta!
- Basil – This is optional, but think the addition of fresh basil really elevates this dish to another level!
- Red Pepper Flakes – Want some heat for your pizza pasta? Add in some red pepper flakes to your seasonings or sprinkled over the top of your pizza!
- Skillet -If you plan on making one-pot meals often, I would invest in a good quality skillet, pot, or Dutch oven. I absolutely love my Staub Enameled Cast Iron Braiser for one pan meals like my Easy One-Pot Sun-Dried Tomato and Chicken Pasta or my One-Pot Lasagna Casserole Recipe. This Nonstick Jumbo Skillet would be another great option!
How to make One Pot Pizza Pasta
In a large skillet or large pot, add your olive oil over low heat. Add in your diced onions and saute for about 3 minutes or until the onions become translucent. Throw in your minced garlic and saute for 1 minute, being careful not to burn the garlic.
To the same pot or skillet, add in your sausage and ground beef, and break up the meats until they are completely cooked. Drain off any grease or fat from the skillet.
To your beef, add in your Oregano, Thyme, Salt, and Pepper. Add 1 cup of pepperoni that has been halved or quartered, the crushed tomatoes, and pizza sauce to the skillet and allow the mixture to simmer for about 5 minutes.
Cook your pasta
Add in your uncooked pasta and beef broth to your tomato sauce and give it a good stir. Bring the mixture back up to a simmer, lower the heat, and cover with a lid. Cook your pasta for about 12 minutes or until the pasta is al dente. Make sure to stir your pasta occasionally to ensure the pasta isn’t sticking to the bottom of the pot.
Once your pasta has cooked through, add in half of your shredded mozzarella cheese and mix until the cheese has melted.
Top your one-pot pasta dish off with the remaining shredded cheese grated Parmesan cheese, and remaining pepperoni. You can leave the pepperoni slices on top whole or cut them in half if you prefer! Place the lid back on the skillet for about 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Place some fresh basil leaves over the top of your one-pot pizza casserole and enjoy!
How to Store One Pot Pizza Pasta
Store your leftover pizza pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, place on a microwave safe plate, and reheat for about 1-2 minutes on 50% power or until warmed through.
Additional Toppings for this One Pot Pizza Pasta
Feel free to make this One Pot Pizza Pasta recipe your own and add your favorite pizza toppings! Here are some suggestions that you can add directly to the pasta or over the top:
- Red or Green Bell Peppers
- Roasted Asparagus
- Black Olives
- Chopped Bacon
- Roasted Artichokes
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Sauteed or Raw Mushrooms
- Roasted Garlic Cloves
- Arugula or Spinach
- Canadian Bacon
- Caramalized Onions
Pin it for Later!
If you made this One Pot Pizza Pasta recipe, let me know what toppings you used. I’d love to chat with you!
Looking for other dinner ideas? Check out these great recipes next!
- One-Pot Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken and Pasta
- Easy Shrimp Scampi with Linguine
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Casserole
- The Best Baked Fish Tacos with Broccoli Slaw
- Easy One-Pot Homemade Lasagna Casserole Recipe
- Classic Meatloaf with Ground Beef Recipe
- Easy Sticky Honey Chicken with the BEST Sauce
Easy Cheesy One Pot Pizza Pasta Dinner Recipe
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups pepperoni, divided
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 lb penne pasta, dry
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth or water
- 2 cups shredded cheese mozzarella, sharp cheddar, colby jack, etc.
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh Basil optional
- In a large skillet or pot over medium low heat, add in your olive oil. Add in your diced onions and saute for about 3 minutes. Add in your minced garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- To the skillet, add in your sausage and ground beef and break up the meat until it is cooked through. Drain off any fat from the skillet.
- To your beef, add in your seasonings, 1 cup of quartered pepperoni's, crushed tomatoes, and pizza sauce to the skillet, and allow it to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add in your dry pasta and beef broth and stir well. Bring the mixture back up to a simmer, lower the heat and cover with a lid. Cook for about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally so the pasta doesn't stick to the skillet.
- Once all of the liquid has cooked, add half of your shredded cheese and stir until melted.
- Top the pizza pasta off with the remaining shredded cheese, Parmesan, and remaining pepperoni (leave those whole if you'd like). Cover the skillet for 5 minutes or until the cheese has completely melted.
- Top off with fresh basil and red pepper flakes if desired. Enjoy!
Matthew 5:16 - "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."