This Cheesy Garlic Bread is the perfect accompaniment to any meal and with only 5 ingredients. Fast, simple, and beyond yummy!
The History of this Magnificent Bread
Many, many (like seriously, when I was a teenager, so M.A.N.Y!) years ago, a dear family friend made this cheesy bread when we were over for dinner. I couldn’t get over how delicious it was, I immediately asked how to make it.
Shocked was understatement when she told me the ingredients. Um, what?! That’s it?! How does so few ingredients create something so brilliant? Sometimes, it’s the less extravagant, simple dishes that really stick out in ones head.
Just 5 Ingredients!
This is seriously, the easiest dish you can make. You need absolutely ZERO cooking experience. And it takes less than 5 minutes total from prep to broil.
- French bread – there are two ways you can cut it, it’s totally your call. You can cut the entire french bread loaf lengthwise to create two long halves. Or you can cut 1 inch individual slices. I believe the whole loaf can make 16 slices this way. But if you’re looking to feed a larger crowd, cut it lengthwise to make more, yet slightly smaller servings. I always make 8 individual slices because I always save the rest of the loaf for my Baked Creme Brulee French Toast.
- Mayo – like just regular good mayonnaise. And please don’t use the light mayo, just go for it and use the good stuff.
- Cheese – literally any type of block cheese you have in the fridge. Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Mozzarella, Colby Jack and any combination thereof! Sometimes I will do half cheddar and half mozzarella if I know the mozzarella is getting a little old. Heck, maybe even try a Pepper Jack cheese if you like spicy! Mmm, that actually sounds bomb.
- Garlic – if i’m already chopping up fresh garlic for another meal, I chop up a little bit extra to throw into my cheesy garlic bread. But sometimes (ok, like a lot of the time!) i’m just lazy and really don’t wanna throw in fresh, so I reach for my trusty garlic powder. I buy my garlic powder from Costco in a huge thing, so I mean, I can’t waste it right? I
- Italian Seasoning – the perfect topping for this cheesy garlic bread. Just a small sprinkling over each slice (or equally over the two large halves) gives it a fresh flavor. Even though its literally dried and dead herbs. So this makes no sense. But I think you get it lol!
Wait, that’s it?!
That’s all she wrote! I’m not really sure how to make this blog post longer lol! All that I have left to say is this cheesy garlic bread is straightforward, not at all fancy or boujee, and requires no time at all.
You could probably make this even easier by incorporating the Italian seasoning into the mixture itself, rather than sprinkling it on top. But the presentation looks so much nicer I think.
OH! Major tip here. Don’t leave your kitchen for more than a minute while this is in the oven! My 5 Ingredient Cheesy Garlic Bread broils on high for exactly 2 minutes and 50 seconds. I know, super ridiculously exact, but it took a very long time to get this right. So if your oven runs hot, I would check on this frequently for the first minute. It can go from cold to burnt in a matter of seconds!
Friends, if you end up trying my 5 Ingredient Cheesy Garlic Bread recipe, please leave me a comment down below! I’d love to see how you and your family enjoyed it.
Pin it for later!
5 Ingredient Cheesy Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf french bread
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheese cheddar, mozzarella, monterey jack
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Preheat oven to High Broil.
- Cut french bread into 16 individual slices or slice entire loaf lengthwise to give two large, longer halves.
- Mix together Mayonnaise, Cheese, and Garlic.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly across bread. Sprinkle tops with Italian Seasoning.
- Broil bread for 2-3 minutes, keeping close eye on bread around the 2 minute mark. Serve warm.
Leave a Reply